It’s November 1st! And, you know what that means!
City Living has been released!
Here’s what I found in my first look at this Expansion Pack.
LOTS of new CAS and Build/Buy Mode items! I mean TONS!
A new Aspiration:
City Native (found under Location)
Two new Traits:
Unflirty: These Sims get tense around Flirty Sims and seldom get Flirty themselves. It’s difficult for them to be Romantic in public.
Vegetarian: These Sims will actively avoid eating foods that contain meat products and can become sick if they eat such foods.
Introducing Building Traits:
Just look at all of the Building Traits! These are sure to keep your Sims, and you, busy!
- Chef’s Kitchen – Food prepared in this kitchen just seems to taste better and usually comes out better quality.
- Romantic Fireplace – A flirty vibe radiates from the beautiful fireplace in this apartment. The landlord won’t allow the fireplace to be removed or sold.
- Lively Neighbors – The neighbors live life to the max. There’s often a party going on.
- Needs TLC – A great place to practice your handiness skills.
- Quake Zone – Occasionally there’s a minor tremor here. Probably nothing to worry about…
- Party Place – Parties just seem to go well at this place! Meeting Social Event goals becomes much easier.
- Serviced Apartment – The rent for this apartment includes maid service. (This one doesn’t seem to be available for lower-end apartments)
- Good Schools – The local school is great! Kids seem to get high grades and usually do better at homework.
- On Ley Line – Full of funky fertile earth energy, twins are born here more often than not.
- Romantic Aura – Romantic Aura makes it easier to get other people in the mood for LURVE!
- Gremlins – Stuff breaks here a lot. It’s like there are tiny goblins who come out at night and smash things… but that’s ridiculous, right?
- Historical – The Landlord has one rule – the Inspirational plaque dedicated to a famous historical resident can never be removed or sold.
- Haunted – Locals say this place is haunted. Pah! What do they know?
- Quiet – Maybe it’s the insulation or maybe the neighbors are very polite. Either way, it’s never noisy here.
- Penny Pixies – Sims often find loose change around the place. It’s like there’s a secret money fairy or something.
- Gnomes – Broken things just seem to get mended overnight. It’s as if kindly Gnomes watch over the place…
- Home Studio – The artsy vibe makes this a great place to be creative. Painting, Writing, and Woodworking usually comes out better quality.
- Great Soil – Gardening just seems to go really well here.
- Great Light – The quality of light here makes Painting and Photography much easier to master.
- Great Acoustics – The acoustics are perfect here! A great place for any musician to hone their skills.
- Convivial – The spacious but intimate feel makes it easier to practice Charisma, Comedy, and Mischief to your heart’s content.
- Bracing Breezes – Oodles of fresh air make for a bracing environment to exercise.
- Private Dwelling – A home lot with this trait deters all but the most determined visitors (it has little effect on commercial venues).
- Science Lair – The secluded vibe means there’s little to distract great minds from the stuf of Logic or Rocket Science.
- Fast Internet – A great online connection helps out those looking to improve their Programming, Video Gaming, or Writing skills.
- Homey – The homey vibe helps Sims quickly master the domestic arts of Cooking, Mixology, Handiness, and Gardening.
- Child’s Play – Kids just seem to learn faster here.
- Filthy – From clogged sewers to grimy counters, this place seems to get dirty really quickly.
- Grody – Sims have a chance to get nauseous when eating, drinking, or using the bathroom.
- Cursed – Lots of things seem to go wrong in this apartment.
- Mean Vibe – The Mean Vibe makes it easier to get other Sims angry with Mean of Mischief interactions.
Your Sims will have three new careers to choose from. Each of those careers has two branches.
Political career, branches out to either Politician or Charity organizer.
Critics can choose between Arts critic or Food critic.
And the Social Media career has the choice to either become an Internet personality or go into Public relations.
While there are no new WooHoo locations, a new death is present in The Sims 4 City Living, the dreaded puffer fish. The puffer fish can cause a Sim’s death if prepared by a novice cook.
I haven’t even scratched the surface of the City Living Expansion Pack. My first thought? Awesome!