The Careers Challenge is a Sims 4 legacy-like challenge where the focus is on Careers instead of Aspirations. There are no points to be counted. Play on a normal lifespan. If you complete the aspirations as well, good! More satisfaction points! Tip: Teen jobs are not considered careers for this challenge.
There aren’t too many rules unlike the original legacy challenge. Except: No cheats can be used to advance careers or skills. Build cheats are fine (but not to acquire career reward items). You may use rewards and potions except to extend ages.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Create your Founder Sim (or download from the Gallery). Randomly roll for your Sim’s career. You may choose traits that will help with this career. There’s a free randomizer at http://random.org. I use an app for my iPad called RandomMaster. An Excel spreadsheet will also work.
- Select any lot you wish in Willow Creek, Oasis Springs, Windenburg, or Newcrest. As towns are added by EA, you can use those towns as well.
- Start building your Legacy House using the funds left after purchasing your lot. You will only have the basics to start: kitchen, bathroom, bedroom (if you have enough money), a place to eat, and a place for skill building. No money cheats! You may use custom content if you wish.
- Find a spouse to bring in the next generation. If he/she already has a career, you can use it. If it’s been used, roll for a different one. He/she will keep the traits he/she has. You CAN keep any funds the new spouse brings into the family.
- As children arrive, you can (but don’t have to) add another bedroom for them if you have enough money. Your heir is the firstborn. You will roll for each child’s career and can choose children’s traits. If you roll a career that has been used, roll again until you get one that hasn’t been used. If you want a real challenge, more than one child can clear a career. Only the heir can marry and produce the next heir. Other children can be moved out when they come of age (or have cleared their assigned career).
- When Career Rewards are earned, use them in (or decorate with) your legacy house. For instance, use the rewards kitchen counters, etc. for your kitchen, athlete rewards for your gym, and so on. You can build a specific room for each career or not. Your choice. Bedrooms, etc. can be upgraded and more bedrooms and/or other rooms can be added when funds allow.
- The game ends when all careers have been cleared, your Legacy House is finished, and Career Rewards have been placed in the Legacy House.